So it's that time of year.....to be getting your company holiday cards signed, sealed and delivered. While they can be time consuming, when done right, they can leave a lasting impression and make somebody feel good about doing or having done business with you. Here are some tips that are helpful when getting your holiday cards, thank you notes, or other personal correspondence ready to send out:
1. Choose stationary that represents your company's image.
2. Do the same with your stamps; while metered mail is easy there is a personal touch with a stamp.
3. Hand write the address and make sure you sign the cards personally (with black or blue ink).
4. Handwritten is definitely the most personal way to go, but for very lare quantities or an audience who is particularly tech savvy choose an ecard with fun graphics that depicts your company's "personality".
5. Try to write personal messages, and be as specific with details as possible.
6. Avoid using specific job titles, as they tend to change. Also take special care in the correct spelling of recipient's name.
7. Always err on the formal side when it comes to grammar and tone.
8. SPELL CHECK!!